- December 29, 2017
- Posted by: Bicon Consultants
- Category: Fire Safety Audit
Major Fire in Kamala Mills
A major fire in Kamala Mills in the early morning hours, led to the death of 15.
The fire broke out in a rooftop restaurant in Central Mumbai’s Kamala Mill, which rapidly spread to an adjacent restaurant and other establishments. The reports say, 15 have been reported dead and 12 have been injured in this fire who were rushed to the near by KEM hospital.
Highlights in brief:
- The eye witnesses say, the fire broke out from a restaurant 1 Above.
- 15 reported death in this tragic incident
- Several news channels operate from this compound
- Aditya Thackery tweets “Implementing fire audits of such places are a must, and action will be taken if violations are found”
- Police starts investigation on the fire
A fire safety audit was stressed at, a safety audit and training would have gone a long way in reducing the casualties. Such incidents, are a wake up call for many establishments, ignoring the safety audits.
Watch the news on leading channels of India
Watch the news on Republic Channel
Watch the news on NDTV
Circular for Fire Audit in Govt/Semi Govt & Other Buildings
- Maharashtra Fire Service’s Circular on Fire Audit in Govt/Semi Govt Buildings
- Maharashtra Fire Service’s Circular on Fire Audit in Other Buildings
- Circular regarding Fire Safety Checklist Annex I
- Circular regarding Inspection Report-Annex II
We at Bicon Consultants are leading service providers for fire safety audits.
We are consultants for fires safety gap analysis, if you have recently conducted an audit and are looking for a health check or reliability of your systems. Contact us today.